Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 23

How far along: 23 weeks - we forgot to do a belly shot this week... oops!
Gender:
SuRpRiSe
Weight gain:
9 lbs

Next Appointment: 10/2/2014
Last Appointment:
We had an endocrinologist follow up this week (I follow up with him every 6 weeks) and everything was once again great! Dr. C said all my labs were perfect, so no adjustments needed to be made to any of the meds he has me on! :) He said I’m “cruising right along” and my next appt with him should be my last during this pregnancy – assuming I pass my glucose tolerance test in 3 weeks!
Maternity clothes:
some – but my wardrobe 4 days/week is scrubs so it’s not really an accurate assessment ;)
Exercise:
my pace (and my motivation) is REALLY starting to slow down – but I’m trying to stick with it! Jogging/walking is still my exercise of choice!
Stretch marks:
nope! 

Belly button in or out: in
Sleep:
slowly starting to get interrupted in the middle of the night by the need to empty my bladder! (I swear this wild child uses my bladder as a trampoline!)
What I miss:
I can't seem to put it in my own words - so I'll use someone else's... "I miss being the 'it won't happen to me' person"... (I've found myself feeling this more this week)
What I'm loving:
Being able to see where baby decides to roll/poke its body out at – which tends to usually be on the right side!... although last night it was all over the place!
Movement:
YEP! :) - but with any decreased movement {or lack of} I immediately freak out and feel the need to listen to the baby's heartbeat - which has seemed to happen more frequently this week... 

Wednesday I had toast + peanut butter and OJ for breakfast and usually baby is super active after ANY meal - so I was expecting it to be extra active after that, but it wasn't. I freaked out and my mind immediately went to the worst possible scenario, so I called Brady to have my doppler brought to me... but once again I just wasn't patient enough & 30 minutes later I felt those sweet baby kicks :)
Cravings: this week: shells & cheese, casa ole, DQ steak fingers, fajitas, popsicles, chocolate, chocolate shakes... (oink oink) 
Queasy or sick: nope!
Favorite moment this week:
as bad as it sounds – my favorite part is that this week is over! Time is really starting to drag for me…..
Looking forward to:
holding this baby in my arms!!! – it’s like I keep picturing that moment & imagining what it will be like & I seriously can NOT wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love reading your updates. Cannot wait to see you holding that sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete