Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 24




How far along: 24 weeks!
Gender: SuRpRiSe
Weight gain:
9 lbs

Next Appointment: 10/2/2014
Maternity clothes:
this week the only maternity “clothes” I’ve worn are my belly band & bra!
Exercise: still love walking & jogging – but the rain this week prevented it on Thursday and Friday - oh well!
Stretch marks: not yet! {I have a feeling I may not be as lucky this time around as I was last time... my belly is REALLY starting to itch this week!}

Belly button in or out: >in<
Sleep:
interrupted regularly (usually around 4am) to empty my bladder! Thursday morning I was woken up by an awful Charley horse!
What I miss:
If I HAD to choose something this week, I would say being able to have a few drinks with the girls when we’re celebrating things… but in the grand scheme of things I really don’t miss it THAT much!;)
What I'm loving:
call me narcissistic - but I'm loving all the compliments from people lately telling me how "good" I look! It's quite nice when you feel like you hit a growth spurt almost daily! [<-- which I'm loving too!]
Movement:
YEP! :) Such a different week in terms of movement… I’ve hardly used my Doppler at all this week! :)

Cravings: not much this week actually – I knew we would be going to the fair Saturday night so of course I was counting down the days until I could get a fair corn dog!!
Queasy or sick: NO!
Favorite moment this week:
My dreams…
I had a dream that we went to the hospital the day before we were supposed to be induced, because I was so anxious to get this baby here. Long story short – in my dream I had the same nurse that delivered Sloan, and when she told me it was time to start the medicine I started crying the happiest tears and walked back to my bed to get everything going - when I woke up I felt so happy & hopeful & even more ready for this baby to get here!

Then Thursday night – after receiving a special little gift from a friend with some of Sloan’s pictures - I had a dream about Sloan. Of the many things I question & wonder, I’ve always wondered what her eyes would have looked like. I dreamed that somehow I found a picture of her on my phone with her eyes open, and they were the prettiest, brightest blue! I LOVE having dreams about her and definitely believe they are little visits from her… <3
Looking forward to:
my next dr appointment & seeing this little one again!


This was a pretty boring week as far as pregnancy goes... but we did have a pretty eventful week, which made it go by a little faster than last week! 

We went bridesmaid dress shopping Wednesday for one of my best friends' wedding in June! The dresses that were chosen are SO comfy! {& of course cute} I almost (but not quite) wish I would still be pregnant for the wedding because it even looked good on my tight, round belly! Hopefully I can get back in shape fairly quickly after baby so it will look just as good on my non-pregnant belly! Motivation, right? After we tried on dresses we had dinner & "drinks"... I enjoyed a soda while the other girls all had mixed drinks, wine, and beer! I was just a *tad* jealous! :P 

Thursday I picked up a little labor of love from an amazing friend & was so happy to see the finished products! It may not seem like it sometimes, but I am so private & careful with what pictures of Sloan I choose to share, but I trust her and gave her access to all the pictures I had of her. The quality of the pictures isn't that great because they were just taken on a regular digital camera without the use of a flash, but she agreed to try to do what she could with them. I am so glad I got the pictures that I did, but still wish I had more. And as much as I absolutely LOVE the pictures I do have, it still makes me so sad [& mad] to know that this really did happen & it isn't just a horrible nightmare... I could go on & on about that - but I won't! So anyway... she told me she had ordered something with a few of the pictures, but I had no idea what. When she texted me Sunday that they had come in, my heart started fluttering & sank at the same time - then I saw the pictures & could not wait to pick them up! She put them on a canvas, and in her words it was just "simple & sweet" - which was perfect & just what I was hoping for!  :)
one of our simple & sweet canvases :)

Saturday night we went to the good ol Washington County Fair! We watched a little of the rodeo, enjoyed some Randy Rogers Band, loved chatting with friends, lost a pound in sweat, and satisfied that corn dog craving of mine! All in all it was a great night - although I was moving quite slow this morning & my body ached just a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment