Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week 26


How far along: 26 weeks! - we forgot a bump pic... again :/
Gender: still a SuRpRiSe - mom still thinks boy - & dad FINALLY made a guess after seeing a little glimpse of baby's face - he said after seeing it's face it "kinda looks like a boy"! I told him I hope it's not a girl so we don't have to tell her that her daddy thought she looked like a boy! :-P We will know for sure in a little over 9 weeks!!!!
Weight gain:
10 lbs -
I started noticing that my rings are really loose, almost to the point of falling off! Completely opposite of what I thought would be happening! I was able to wear my rings throughout my entire pregnancy with Sloan, but I don't remember them ever feeling looser! 
Next Appointment:
10/16/2014
Last Appointment: 10/2/2014
Such a big appointment! <for a few reasons!>


This was the dreaded one hour glucose tolerance test day for me! With Sloan I was so confident that it would be a breeze & felt certain that I would pass without any problems... and then: I FAILED! Then came the first attempt at the three hour test - which I threw up within 10 minutes of starting, and FINALLY passed the third time around with flying colors! So to say I was a tad nervous about this one may be a slight understatement. Although I did feel cautiously optimistic since my endocrinologist has been monitoring me so much closer this time compared to how I was monitored on that end of things last time. Thankfully, I PASSED on the first try this time!! Such a relief!

We also had another ultrasound - which always makes me happy! I love knowing a little bit of what's going on in there! Baby is [unfortunately] still breech, which slightly disappointments me. I know there is still plenty of time for it to flip, but I really do not want a c-section for too many reasons to list. BUT if that's what it takes to get a healthy baby in my arms, I'll take it without hesitation! Baby is measuring right on time, weighing in at approx 1lb 15 oz - 64th percentile! HR was 142. Baby was looking right at us for the 2d ultrasound, then decided to turn away when it came time to do the 3d part of the ultrasound! <which didn't surprise me too much!> We tried and tried to get it to move - including me jumping around the room - but this little one is stubborn and wouldn't budge! We did get little glimpses of it's face though :) After all that moving & jumping I had another little braxton hicks contraction. I asked the tech if the cord looked ok, and she told me she could see part of it on top of the placenta by the baby's head - which concerns me a little, but I'm trying to not even go there...

After the ultrasound, it was time to see the doctor. My belly is measuring 1.5 weeks ahead, but Dr. G told me I'm a "silent carrier". I definitely don't feel that way, but I will take the compliments where I can get them at this point... even if it's from a dr who is just being nice! :-P When he told me baby was in the 64th percentile I said "that's small", but he reassured me that it wasn't. He said small would be 35th percentile, then made a reference about Sloan. When we left the appointment I told Brady I like that he refers to her as "Sloan" and not "last time" - makes this mommy's heart happy to hear her name spoken and referred to as the human she was, not the pregnancy I "lost". I also asked him about the cord being close to the baby's head, and he said that it was fine, but to continue to keep up with my (baby's) movements and reassured me that we will continue to monitor everything as much as we can.
We had a good little chat and once again he told me everything was "perfect" - which is always such a relief! He also put me back on bi-weekly appointments... thank God! Four weeks was WAY too long!! 

A year ago - almost to the date (10/3/13) - I had my first "post baby" ultrasound, which was somewhat traumatic for me. I will never forget the feeling of knowing I was about to see my uterus empty for the first time since Sloan. It's a feeling that is completely indescribable - but I made it through and received some answers as to why my body was doing what it was doing (and not doing) at the time. I remember sitting in his office and feeling so defeated after my ultrasound. First we talked to the nurse, who gave us such good information and answered some questions for us before the doctor ever made it back to me - which didn't take long. We talked, and I know I asked questions, but I only remember one: "will I have a healthy baby?". His answer was simple: yes. When he said yes, I asked him if he promised, and he did. So, seeing our perfectly healthy baby in my uterus on an ultrasound at this appointment held so many emotions and was so significant for me!
 
Maternity clothes:
I wore a maternity shirt this week but still mainly wearing scrubs & exercise clothes
Exercise: Yep! 6 days this week! :) - but I'm thinking either my frequency or intensity (or both) will be slowing down in the very near future :/

Wednesday I started having Braxton Hicks contractions that started around 4pm and were consistently inconsistent until I went to bed. At first I thought it was just the baby repositioning itself, but when it kept happening I knew that wasn't it. I also knew it wasn't "real" contractions, but I didn't remember getting braxton hicks this early in the game with Sloan - so of course, a little worry set in! I texted my nurse and told her what was going on. She told me to just rest and push fluids, and that if I had more than 6 in an hour to call my doctor. So I started timing them, and they were by no means consistent which made me feel a little more at ease by the time I went to bed. I wasn't going to work out the next morning, but this internal alarm clock of mine woke me up, so I went anyway. When I got to work Thursday morning I had 5 more small ones within an hour (then stopped counting - but still had a few throughout the day) and decided I probably should have just stayed in bed that morning! Needless to say, when it came time to workout Friday morning I talked myself out of going to give my body a little break. It is so hard for me not to go, because I feel worse throughout the day if I don't go, but I also know I need to listen to my body & do what's best for baby!
Stretch marks:
not yet!
Belly button in or out: >in<
Sleep:
I haven't felt as exhausted this week - but I would still LOVE to get a little more ;)
What I miss: being the naive pregnant girl that thinks everything is going to be ok...
What I'm loving: feeling my wild child moving all around!
Movement:
Baby = lots! It has started to move more on the left side this week; ME = I've started to have battles with the couch/recliner when trying to get out of it! (seems like these struggles are starting way earlier this time around - but I could be wrong!)
Cravings: COFFEE with french vanilla cream was discovered this week... And baby LOVES it!!! & donuts, pig in a blanket, & chocolate milk!! <-- I finally got it Friday thanks to my sweet husband :) &&& iced sugar cookies!!
Queasy or sick: Nope!!
Favorite moment this week:
Getting to see a little glimpse of our sweet <but extremely stubborn> baby!
Looking forward to:
still can NOT wait to get this baby here & in my arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment