Friday, May 9, 2014

Week 5

This was an exciting one! Stressful... but exciting! We had to go for labs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to make sure baby was growing and developing at a normal rate. The numbers made me so happy! The hCG is suppose to at least double every 48 hours, and its more than doubled each time! This was a little, but BIG, obstacle for my body to get past and has made us even more excited! My progesterone level was also excellent - thanks to supplementation - but I will take it however I can get it! I know we have many, many, many more obstacles ahead of us, but I can not wait to meet this sweet little blessing & hold it in my arms!

I also caught a virus this week. Wednesday morning when we were going for our labs I started feeling very nauseous... I thought it was just from the pregnancy, but boy was I wrong! I went back to work after having the labs drawn and continued to feel nauseous all day! I couldn't eat and could hardly function. I went home and took a nap, and when I woke up my temp was 102.1! I freaked out! I immediately texted my nurse to see if there was anything I needed to do other than the obvious - hydrate and take Tylenol. I was so worried something would go wrong and me being sick would cause me to miscarry. The hormones didn't help the situation, and I couldn't stop crying! Thankfully it ran its course and only lasted 24 hours and I was as good as new by the next evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment