Friday, May 23, 2014

Week 7

This has been a "different" one. Monday was Sloan's first birthday, which was definitely a hard day for us, but was so peaceful at the same time. I was so scared that I would be right back where I was a year ago, waking up to an empty house and feeling completely empty inside. I was so scared that all those exact emotions from the week following her birth would come flooding back, but it wasn't like that at all. For that, I was thankful. I did feel anxious at times, and I didn't want to be seen in public by anyone we knew or by anyone who knew what that day was for us, but I was grateful for all of those who did remember and those who prayed for us. We went and took pictures at her grave for her birthday, which was incredibly therapeutic. We also used that photo session as a way to announce our pregnancy this time around. When I booked the session I didn't know I was pregnant yet, but knew I wanted to take pictures at her grave. I figured I would have had "1 year" pictures taken had she been living, so why not do it anyway? {even if she was celebrating in Heaven instead of earth}...

Wednesday I woke up feeling so nauseous and just knew I was going to be sick... I was right and threw up not long after getting out of bed! That was a first! I've never thrown up while pregnant in the past... but I don't mind if it means this baby is continuing to grow into a healthy, strong baby! That was the only day this week that I got sick, but the indigestion is still going full force! I have a feeling this baby is going to be a boy... but I could be very wrong! [so don't judge me if I am ;)] We won't be finding out for another 30ish weeks... so it will be a LONG (but exciting) wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment