Saturday, May 17, 2014

Week 6

What a week! Mother's Day was this week, which was such a conflicting and emotional day for me... We went through the motions and went to our families' celebrations, but I could not wait to get home. All I could think about was how I shouldn't be sitting at a table having these conversations - I should be chasing around an almost 1 year old. I know I'm a mother, but hearing and reading the words "Happy Mother's Day!" being said/sent to me was so incredibly hard. It just didn't feel like a "happy" day for me...

On the positive side of things, we got to see baby this week... twice!!! We saw baby's little heart fluttering at the first appointment on Monday, and by Friday we got to hear it beating away at 120 beats per minute! What an amazing sound and feeling... especially after feeling so anxious before each appointment!





I don't know what it is with my brain, but it's like the minute I find out I'm pregnant, all smart dietary decisions go out the window! This week I've been wanting to eat everything fattening... and everything I've been trying to stay away from - cheeseburgers, mexican food, donuts, pig in a blanket - basically anything greasy and/or fattening = I'm going to eat it! Other than that, the pregnancy itself has been super easy so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment