Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week 17


I've started wearing maternity tank tops, but can still fit in  most pre-pregnancy clothes. (Although yoga pants and t-shirts tend  to be my go-to pre-pregnancy "outfits"!) Maternity clothes just seem to be so much more comfortable - but most of it is still too big! I feel like I just look chubby in most things, but Brady assures me that I definitely look "bred". (Gotta love country boys! :-P) I'm still walking and jogging pretty regularly and still fighting the never ending battle of eating what I want or eating what I should!

Monday my doppler that I ordered on Saturday arrived in the mail! I was so excited and used it immediately! BEST. INVESTMENT. EVER! :)


Tuesday we had another doctor appointment, and it was perfect! My anxiety surrounding going to the doctor is slowly starting to turn to excitement... but that little tinge of fear is still ever present in the back of my mind. This time I walked in anxiously waiting to hear the sound of our baby's heartbeat & left on such a "high"! I ended up getting to have another ultrasound because the note from my last appt was still in my chart stating that I wanted an ultrasound - and of course I didn't argue! We got to see baby for what seemed like a long time and had a great conversation with our doctor. Baby is still measuring perfectly - slightly ahead of schedule - so my due date has been pushed up! Baby's heart rate was 145 and strong! I've asked the doctor at every appointment when I would be induced, only to be told at every appointment that he can't tell me that yet. So this time I decided to word my question a little different and asked him how far in advance would I know that I was going to be induced? He told me "thirty minutes before I do it!" I assumed he was joking because I know I will have to stop some of my meds more than thirty minutes before I get induced, and of course he was. We went into his office so we could look at dates and talk about it. I was given three potential induction dates to choose from, which are all sooner than what I originally expected! He told us that we would have a baby BY December 10th! We are so excited and can NOT wait! I could hardly sleep that night because I was so excited. It's like I can finally see a little light at the end of the tunnel! 



(Our doctor will be leaving town for 9 days not long after we are planning to deliver, so I'm hoping and praying that nothing changes so he will be the doctor to deliver this baby!)

Thursday (7/31) after eating lunch I felt definite, STRONG movements that I could feel on the inside and outside of my belly! :) 

Saturday we had a busy day full of 2 birthday parties and a gender reveal party! There are so many people who are pregnant right now & due around the same time! I'm so glad I drank that water too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment