Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 19





We had another doctor appointment this week and had our anatomy scan! Baby still looks GREAT! At first we saw it laying on the placenta - using it like a pillow - and saw it yawn. Then we saw it moving around! Measurements are perfect, organs look great, and HR was 139-152. There is plenty of amniotic fluid and the cord was floating and was not around baby! It weighs approx 10 oz and is breech, so hopefully it flips (safely) between now and December! We still do NOT know gender! When the tech finished, she started entering all the info and our curiosity almost got the best of us! Brady & I both (secretly) tried to see what she was going to enter when she got to the "gender" tab, but she went back and forth and then said "oh we're not doing that" and chose the "see comment" option... thank goodness! 

When we saw Dr. G after our scan I asked if he was still planning to induce me the week he told me at my last appt and he said yes :) I talked to him a little about some of my most recent fears/feelings - mainly being scared of feeling... detached?... from the baby once it gets here - but he reassured me that I should not worry about that yet. He told me he's taken care of lots of women who have lost babies for various reasons and detachment hasn't been an issue. 

He is weaning me off of my frequent follow ups and scheduled my next appt for 3 weeks... which I guess is a good sign :)

Tuesday my mom and I went shopping for some "little items" that I still needed & didn't get lots of last time... and let me just say those "little items" sure do add up fast! We walked out of the store $800 later and I felt like I definitely didn't have $800 worth of baby things! I'm just glad I have that checked off of my to do list :)

Thursday was my first day back at work and I'm actually excited to be going back! I think it will definitely be a good distraction and I'm hoping it helps the time go by a little faster! Not that I'm "wishing away" my pregnancy - but I am so ready to KNOW that this pregnancy is going to end with a healthy baby... It's not something that is easy to explain. I am absolutely enjoying this pregnancy and truly cherish every minute of it - every kick, every symptom, every ache that reminds me that my body is changing. Everything. I'm just so ready to be able to enjoy what is "suppose" to come at the end of pregnancy too...

No comments:

Post a Comment